Conduct necessary tallying of all items and cargo stuffed, de-stuffed, loaded or discharged. The Tally Clerk works alongside the Customs Officer and consignee/representative to ensure the Bill-of-Lading (BL) matches the containers, and all items de-stuffed are accounted for, and any missing component/items/cargo are appropriately documented and communicated.
- Five (5) subjects CXC inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
- Relevant experience would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct tallying of items.
- Knowledge of vehicle and container basis features.
- Knowledge of specific custom clearance regulations and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to perform physical tasks.
- Pleasant personality and customer service oriented.
Vessel Loading and Offloading of Containers:
- Keep records of boarding times of Custom Officers and Stevedore on the vessel.
- Record the commencement and conclusion of the entire vessel operation; that is, discharge and load, and opening and closing of the hatch.
- Inspect all containers thoroughly for any damages and evidence of tampering and report same promptly to your Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure only authorized containers are loaded onto the vessel.
- Report any overlanded cargo immediately to Supervisor.
- Hand-delivers to the Chief mate, the ‘Discrepancy Report’ and then submit same to control room.
- Sign the ‘Discharge and Loading’ list and other relevant documents.
Custom Examination and De-stuffing of Containers:
- Extract necessary data from the ‘Bill-of-Lading’ (BL) and record on ‘Examination Sheet’.
- Examine containers in the presence of the consignee and Customs Officer.
- Ensure, in the presence of the Customs Officer, correct seals are on containers, before opening; report discrepancies.
- Document all items de-stuffed from containers, in the presence of the representative/consignee and Customs Officer. Document any damages observed, and missing component/item/cargo, etc.
- Document all items transferred onto another container.
- Document all short-shipment and over-landed items/cargo.
- Ensure vehicle/s not cleared by customs are transported to the vehicle bay.
- Maintain a filing system of documents.
- Ensure policies and procedures for consignment clearance are followed.
Please email your Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae by April 21, 2022, addressed to:
Human Resources Department
45-47 Water Street, Georgetown
Subject line: ‘Application – Tally Clerk’
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY