Fibre Optic Splicer
Why choose Actavo:
A career at Actavo gives you the opportunity to join in the creation of infrastructure that brings life, energy and communication to the world. We are thousands of dedicated people working creatively to make a mark on how we live. Our diverse workforce which represents over 40 countries allows us to better serve the communities in which we operate. Our success is directly linked to the performance and capability of our people. By ensuring that each and every employee is given the opportunity to reach their full career potential we can reach our goals together. Whether you are building stages for the World’s biggest events, delivering internet to homes across the globe, or shaping super industrial structures, you will do great things at Actavo
About the job:
Perform Fibre Optic Cable Splicing activity as per approved Network Design and SoP’s. Update daily progress reports and responsible for material consumption.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- College graduate or Training certificate in fiber splicing and testing OR
- More than 1 year experience in fiber splicing and testing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Driving license - experienced driver for MC (Preferrably Motor Lorry Drivers)
- Experienced in working under pressure, at heights, under traffic condition.
- Experience in working on FTTx Building projects an advantage
- Ability to use the OTDR in Live and Non Live Networks and perform the required testing activities:
- Unidirectional test
- Bidirectional Test
- Insertion Loss
- Ability to use Optical Power Meter
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Cable Technician and complete the daily tasks as instructed by O&M Manager
- You will be required to drive the company’s vehicle for work related tasks only.
- Follow all SAFETY requirements and all SoP’s related with the Splicing/Cabling activity.
- Perform the Design and Splicing Matrix check before starting any activity and in case of any discrepancy between the situation on site and the Design, you are to report to the O&M Manager.
- Perform preventative maintainance checks/surveys as scheduled by O&M Manager.
- Activities will also take place on private property, indoor /outdoor, you will be required to operate in a respectable and professional manner at all time when representing Actavo Guyana.
- You will be responsible for the quality and safety of your work on a daily basis.
- You will be responsible for all materials, equipment, tools, vehicle, or any other Company Assets assigned to you for work related tasks.
- You will be required to document accurate information, both for progress and materials consumption and submit them to the Construction Manager, if requested
Attractive Remuneration Package
Applications can be emailed to:
Contact via phone: (+592) 693-4829
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY