Job LocationPrashad Nagar, Georgetown, Guyana
The Security Supervisor’s job is to implement and maintain internationally accepted standards for child safeguarding and oversee, organize, and manage security and safety operations at our school. The inherent responsibilities include:
- Ensure quality control and adherence to policies and expectations
- Assess, manage, and minimize risks to persons and property
- Coordinate safety and emergency procedures
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in security management
- 5 CSEC passes inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- A Degree in Social Sciences or a related field OR a Diploma with relevant experience
- Knowledge of security protocols
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite
- Direct and manage the development and preparation of the organization’s security strategy and general business planning;
- Maintain accurate security records;
- Support to all other departments with security and related issues;
- Conduct safety and security surveys of all school-controlled properties;
- Conduct background checks for new hires;
- Collaborate with HR to recruit new security personnel
- Direct, manage and maintain contact with internal and external clients/customers for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information;
- Coordinate with local law enforcement and other entities when required;
- Coordinate transportation of school approved routine travel of faculty members;
- Traffic management;
Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Ensuring that the school meets all required security and associated health and safety objectives;
- To maintain and improve mechanisms for risk assessment and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal departments;
- Manage the fire alarm, burglar alarm and CCTV systems;
- Manage all safety and security drills;
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for other cultures and communities
- Train and appraise individual team members to ensure targets are met;
- Direct and manage the performance and development of team members;
- Direct and manage the preparation and agreement of individual action plans and targets for all team members;
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review;
- Demonstrate to your team members commitment, security knowledge, work ethics and habits and personal character;
- Help personnel in your section work toward shared goals; create a sense of continuity and teamwork;
- Preparation of reports on a monthly basis; as agreed;
- Prepare and carry out presentations; present proposals to enable the team to deliver effective security;
- Prepare annual budgets for security and safety in collaboration with the Business Manager;
- To serve on the leadership, HSSE, child-safeguarding, other standing and ad hoc committees;
From time to time, you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role even where these may fall outside of your own department/team.
Please address your resume to the Human Resources Officer, Georgetown International Academy, 9-10 Delhi Street, Prashad Nagar, Georgetown and submit it along with a recent police clearance and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, Security Supervisor, no later than July 13, 2022.
Screening will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY