Logistics Coordinator I
The Logistics Coordinator will serve as the logistics interface between the Logistics Manager/Lead and Contractor organization to ensure logistics execution. The incumbent will work in-country to manage the EPC’s Logistics and Materials Management process and interface between Logistics Manager/Lead and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC). He/she will provide Logistics and Materials Management support for all project deliverables.
- BSc in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in logistics planning, and execution, construction, safety, and procurement
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Willing to travel for business (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide functional support
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Manage multiple operations and have excellent prioritization skills
- Interface with procurement to understand and influence contracting, materials management, logistics plan for deliveries and customs procedures
- Support Logistics Manager/Lead with logistics and materials management expertise, interfacing with contractor Logistics and Materials Management personnel.
- Interface with and influence project disciplines to ensure logistics/materials management considerations are included in design and project plan
- Develop an understanding of local transport and in-country logistics capabilities and capacities
- Develop logistics elements of bid requirements, monitor KPIs, and coordinate progress reporting and materials management requirements
- Coordinate process to pre-qualify, approve, and reevaluate Logistics Contractors
- Ensure all materials received are stored in a safe and secure facility and that the preservation code addressed in the PO has been applied
- Ensure that the EPC complies with the PO and that each item delivered to the storage facility is adequately marked for easy traceability
- Reports all Overage, Shortage and Damaged (OS&D) of the received materials to the PMT
- Coordination of the movement of personnel
- Managing flight manifests
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter along with their CV to: email@example.com.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY