M & D Investments is a company working aimed at providing products and services in the private sector, particularly in the oil and gas and construction industries. As part of continuing our operations, we are currently looking to fill the position of Projects Engineer. The successful candidate will be stationed at our Georgetown Office under the supervision of the Operations Manager. Working hours are generally Monday to Friday, 8:00hrs to 16:30hrs and on Saturday upto 12:00hrs. There may be rare occurences of weekend work.
- At minimum a Diploma/certificate in Civil Engineering from University, GTI or any other relevant institution
- Holder of a valid drivers’ licenses – car/van
- Ability to prepare estimates, materials lists for construction projects
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and bills of quantities and convey information to Foreman
- Experience in overseeing construction projects
- Versed in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to write clearly
- Knowledge and ability
Other Valued Abilities
- Critical thinking
- Able to work above and beyond call of duty
- 2-3 years working experience
- Responsible for overseeing and supporting different engineering type projects and ensuring projects are executed according to contract
- Reading and understanding engineering bills and drawings and ensuring Site Foreman executes accordingly
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Ensuring projects are completed within time and budget
- Providing logistical support and oversight for other business activities
- Attend meetings with workers, management and clients
- Creation of engineering estimates, bills of quantities, quotations, material lists
- Evaluating field workers
- Prepare correspondences and reports
- Assist in preparation of tender documents
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Provide support to other office staff
- Remuneration conmensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Bonuses paid on maintained optimal performance on projects.
- Working in the fast paced construction and oil and gas sectors.
To apply, please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close on April 30, 2021.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY