Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The bakery assistant will work under the baker/cake maker in the day to day business operations. The post holder will be responsible for daily preparations and will assist the baker/cake maker in the production of a number of pastries and cakes every day. This is a completely hands on role and the post holder will be expected to work independently in the bakery area. The post holder may from time to time be expected to deputies during sickness and holiday cover.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math would be an asset
- Valid Food handler’s certificate
- Certificate in Baking would be an asset
- One (1) year experience as a baking assistant in a professional organisation would be as asset
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To produce a consistently excellent quality of product, adhering with the processes set out in the baking manual and using the correct ingredients
- To deliver a standard of product decoration and general presentation that is in line with the Foodmaxx’s standards of excellence
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- Responsible for managing the kitchen in terms of ordering supplies and performing inventory, as well as maintenance on kitchen equipment.
- Measured ingredients and prepared rolls, cakes, frosting, cobblers, and pastries.
- Planned and prepared menu for efficient weekly production.
- Produce cakes, tarts, cupcakes, and fine dining desserts for the restaurant while paying close attention to details.
- Check in and verify deliveries
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested person (s) can send applications to:
The Human Resources Supervisor
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY