Technical Sales & Service Representative
The Technical Sales & Service Representative - Guyana is primarily responsible for the commercial business development of the Company’s brands in the assigned territory. The incumbent also supports the functionality of key medical equipment (in modalities assigned) installed at customers’ facilities, particularly with respect to site planning, diagnostics, planned maintenance, repairs, calibrations, upgrades, field modifications and network troubleshooting.
• BSc or Diploma/Certification in an Engineering discipline, preferably IT or Electrical.
• Availability and willingness to travel throughout the Company’s territories.
• Must hold valid travel documents at all times and be available to travel abroad as required.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s Permit; Must own a reliable vehicle.
• One (1) - Two (2) years’ experience in Sales/Marketing will be considered an asset.
• One (1) - Two (2) years’ technical experience with IT/electrical/biomedical equipment.
• Excellent problem identification and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Basic understanding of project management.
• Ability to multitask.
• Strong decision-making skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Basic understanding of electrical circuits and components.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work in a team.
• High degree of professional integrity.
• Must be customer-service oriented.
• Excellent selling skills.
• Influential and persuasive disposition.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Professional and courteous disposition.
• Strong networking skills
• Sound business etiquette.
• Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office Tools.
Core Duties: Role as it relates to Business Development:
• Actively targets customers in assigned territories to promote the Company’s brands based on the assigned products/services which may include scheduled visits, virtual meetings and regular phone calls.
• Builds and maintains positive working relationships with key stakeholders in support of providing excellent customer service.
• Identifies and resolves client concerns related to the products, equipment or services of the company in a timely manner, preparing reports, developing solutions and making recommendations to management to maintain positive customer relationships.
• Develops strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to key contacts in the healthcare sector.
• Creates and maintains a current database/ logs of relevant customers to include pertinent customer details as identified by the company.
• Prepares weekly schedules and work plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Communicates new product and service opportunities, market developments, trade information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Assists with tenders, presentations and proposals as required.
Role as it relates to Maintenance of Existing Equipment:
• Performs assigned duties in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations and other established policies or procedures, including planned maintenances, equipment evaluations, repairs, diagnostics, calibrations, field modifications, upgrades and testing of key medical equipment.
• Responds to customers’ technical problems within 24 hours. For emergency cases – the incumbent may need to work outside of usual work hours and/or weekends and public holidays.
• Manages Technical Escalations or any urgent protocols for all relevant modalities in a timely and efficient manner, based on manufacturers’ guidelines.
• Coordinates repairs with Foreign Service Engineers (when necessary) until problem is resolved and keeps management and the customer abreast. This would entail, but is not limited to, preparing escalation reports, sending e-mails and making calls on service issues which cannot be resolved by in-house personnel only.
Role as it relates to New Equipment:
• Supports the project management (PMI) and site planning processes by ensuring all technical requirements for medical equipment are completed by clients in the required specification.
• Conducts inventory checks and pre-installation tests on new equipment (in-house where feasible) to confirm functionality prior to delivery/installation.
• Installs new equipment at local or regional customer sites and assists Foreign Service Engineers, when necessary, on equipment that requires installation by Supplier Engineers.
• Mechanically installs, calibrates, tests and commissions medical equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ guidelines and provides supporting documentation to guarantee that medical equipment installed are 100% functional.
• Supports the applications or user training sessions for the commissioning of new medical equipment at private and public health facilities.
• Conducts operational training of new equipment on customer sites for end users.
• Monitors spare parts inventory for assigned modalities on an on-going basis.
• Ensures that proper stock requisition protocol is followed when utilizing parts, consumables, tools and test equipment for service jobs.
• Recommends parts which ought to be ordered from suppliers for PM, CM or buffer stock as required.
• Assists in the final verification of all components supplied with medical equipment delivered to customer site.
• Assists in arranging the return of re-usable parts to Logistics Department as required.
• Assists with the coordination of tools in order to complete the required work.
• Acquires information on an on-going basis of suppliers’ products by becoming familiar with service manuals and receiving training as required.
• Keeps abreast of latest technology/ service updates in the Supplier Web Portals and through other relevant media.
• Assists tender team regarding compliance with specifications to ensure that all criteria are met.
• Provides support to the team effort as required.
• Submits all required reports, including but not limited to Service Reports, as well as reports related to sales and marketing activities, to the required Company personnel in keeping with established schedules to ensure that customer visits and work performed are properly documented.
• Maintains documentation related to function and user manuals as required.
• Assists with stock count exercises as required.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures, inclusive of but not limited to the Company’s policy on health and safety.
Undertakes other duties which may arise or may be delegated to support the objectives of the organisation.
• Develops and maintains sales materials, including thorough knowledge of all company and competitive products.
• Participates in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and promotional events as required.
• Attends job related training courses and Sales Meetings, as deemed necessary by the Company.
• Ensures personal vehicle is always maintained in excellent working condition.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY