The Coxswain is responsible for navigating and steering the Crew Tender Vessel (CTV) on the project site. As the crew leader on the vessel the Coxswain is responsible for supervising everyone aboard, updating vessel log books, assisting in mooring and unmooring vessels, and keeping watch.
Contract Period: 5 months (Commencing May 2023)
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience as a Coxswain on Crew Tender Vessels
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Certificate of Competency for small crafts (the CTV is < 50 gt)
- GMDSS certificate
- STCW Basic Safety Training A-VI
- STCW Advanced Fire Fighting A-VI/3
- STCW Medical Care A-VI/4-2
- Ensuring that crew transport is carried out in an efficient and most economical manner in co-operation with Project Management/Marine Coordinator
- Close communication with agents, pilots and harbour authorities if required
- Maintaining ships and personnel administration (e.g. ships log, daily report)
- Comply with national and international maritime law and regulations
- Make sure the vessel stays free of damage
- Executing of the company’s Management System and Company Policy, the Standing Instructions and the Ship Security Plan
Kindly email CVs to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY