Internal Auditor Assistant
Massy (Guyana) Ltd. is looking for a suitably qualified applicant to fill the post of Internal Audit Assistant in its Internal Audit Department. The successful candidate will assist the Audit team by executing audit plans, risk assessments or other special reviews of auditable entities within the Group under the guidance of the Internal Audit Senior.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifications or relevant working experience
- Data analytics certification or currently pursuing such certification would be considered an asset but not mandatory
- Proficiency using Microsoft software applications including Excel and Word is required
- Keeping informed of internal audit and accounting standards and topics (e.g., IIA and IFRS guidance) would be considered an asset but not mandatory
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both written and verbal) considered an asset
- Analytical, performance driven, results oriented
- Commercially aware
- Self-motivated and ability to be a team member
- Problem identification and solution skills
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
- Business process analysis
- Risk analysis and control assessment techniques
- Understand and apply the internal audit methodology, quality assurance procedures and reporting protocols
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager and Senior during all aspects of planning, execution, and reporting on internal audit reviews
- Understand audit scope, objectives, and the audit plan for assigned audit projects
- Conduct interviews and process walkthroughs, document processes, risks and controls and draft process flow charts where applicable
- Accurately execute testing procedures within budgeted timeframes for business process and information technology controls
- Assist in the preparation of work papers and confirm that the relevant quality assurance processes have been followed and can be evidenced
- Assist in the preparation of Internal Audit reports and highlight recommendations to mitigate identified gaps for consideration by the Internal Audit Senior. Confirm that there is documented supporting evidence to justify preliminary findings.
- Recommend improvements that add value to risk management, internal control, governance, and business processes and communicate control findings to process owners/audit clients
- Track and follow up on audit findings
- Other tasks as assigned
INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES:
Please submit your detailed application by Friday 17th June 2022 by visiting: https://massyltd.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50
All applications will be acknowledged. However, only suitable candidates will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY