Job LocationEast Coast Demerara
Our client is a financial holding company engaged in fleet management and financial investments in helicopter operator services. It also provides helicopter services for the offshore oil and gas industry, and is based in Lisbon, Portugal.
As the Accounting Manager, you will oversee the accounting department functions with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. You will also generally have several direct reports and work to allocate tasks evenly across the team. You will be responsible for driving team performance and getting the most out of individual contributors.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
• Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
• Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
• Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
• Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare, review, and analyse financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
• Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
• Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY