Service Delivery Technician 1
Job Location263 Earl's Avenue, Subryanville Georgetown G/Town
The Service Delivery Technician 1 conducts installations and repair of POTS, Broadband, Entertainment, and CCTV services for both business and residential customers. The technician may also be required to perform assigned duties associated with the design and construction of Telecommunication Outside Plant and IT Networks. Additionally, he/she must have a current valid Driver’s permit, be excellent in customer service and perform administrative duties as required of the crew which he/she will lead.
- Five (5) O’Level subjects, including Mathematics and English
- Technical diploma or equivalent in EEET, Fiber Optics Technician or similar discipline from a recognised institution
- At least six (6) months within the last 5 years installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing residential/small business broadband and POTS products such as; Voice, HSI, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and High Definition.
- At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles.
- At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years splicing and testing fiber cables during construction of new plant
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Install, maintain/repair and test residential/small business broadband products such as; High-Speed Internet (HSI), Networking, IPTV, High Definition TV, CCTV, and Security systems
- Work with computer operating systems to install and/or repair home and/or small business standard HSI or networking products.
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical problems or issues.
- Review and discuss service order requirements and equipment requests with customers.
- Determine total line quality to customer’s facilities.
- Evaluate customers’ broadband needs and suggests additional/alternative service as appropriate.
- Connect wires and cables to terminals, and attach/detach various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, and poles.
- Use hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g. multi-meters, HST3000) and a laptop.
- Read and interpret customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps blueprints, diagrams, etc. and perform specified work. Includes POTS, HSI, jack work, inside wiring, structured cabling, CCTV cameras and Security systems
- Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables.
- Perform fiber splicing and testing where required
- Perform surveys as part of IT and Access network design, where required
- Interface with customer throughout premise visit. Employee will be held accountable for customer communication and interaction as well as quality and productivity standards
- Submit administrative reports as required of position
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems (i.e., MS 98SE, 2000, XP and above).
- Experience in the installation of various electronic components (e.g., modems, routers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
- Experience working with CAT 5 and COAX wiring.
- Ability to provide efficient, quality customer service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone.
- Ability to recognize and identify sales opportunities that meet the needs of customers including promoting and closing sales of products and services.
- Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm’s Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters,).
- Knowledge of basic fiber plant construction methods and procedures.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and fusion splicing equipment
- Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., volt-ohm meters, transmission measuring sets, PON power meters, PON OTDR etc).
- Ability to perform CCTV installations.
- Working knowledge of structure cabling methods and procedures
- Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical principals and to perform appropriate tests to identify and solve problems encountered on the job.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe (e.g., quality jobs per day), adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
- Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision.
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions A valid driver’s permit with ability to maintain a safe driving record.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
Remuneration and benefits depend on your experience and qualifications.
Address CV to:
263 Earl's Avenue
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY