Corporate Internal Auditing Assistant
The Internal Auditing Assistant will provide direct support to the Internal Auditor in undertaking audits of all systems against applicable laws, legislation, regulations and company policies and procedures in accordance with the Department’s audit plans. The incumbent is expected to assist in the preparation of reports as and when required.
• BSc in Accounting / Finance from an accredited academic institution.
• Evidence of formal training in Internal Auditing basic principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of Accounting and Auditing principles and standards
• Knowledge of the Companies Act and other relevant legislation
• Knowledge of country's Financial Regulations
• Working knowledge of project management accounting procedures
• Knowledge of computerized auditing software
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools and any other software as is relevant to job functions.
• Three (3) years’ experience in an auditing environment, in either the public or private sectors.
- Assists the Internal Auditor in the implementation of a strong system of internal controls and procedures that will ensure major risks to the Companies are identified and analyzed.
- Assists the Internal Auditor I in the development of a risk profile for the Corporation and the preparation of an annual audit plan.
- Assists in the undertaking of surprise cash audits as required.
- Assists in the analysis and evaluation of the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
- Works with the Internal Auditor in preparing audit working papers in accordance with standards and requirements.
- Provides support to the Internal Auditor in the review of accounting systems and controls to be in line with standards and the relevant legislation.
- Conducts research on policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding of assets to inform the decision-making process.
- Conducts research on governance policies and procedures to inform the decision-making process.
- Checks and verifies the accuracy and integrity of accounting ledgers.
- Works closely with the Internal Auditor in the analysis of internal audit controls in the CAGE Companies.
- Assists the Internal Auditor I in the review of new operational systems prior to installation to ensure the new systems function properly, have adequate controls, and are properly documented.
- Assists in the preparation of reports on audit exercises and submits with recommendations in accordance with requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors Assists in the follow-up of management's responses to audit recommendations.
Please submit an application along with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2022
** Only applications selected for an interview will be acknowledged**
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY