Deck Hand-Crane Operator
The Deck Hand – Crane Operator performs all lifting operations on board multi-purpose barge Tamuata. The barge is 75m in length, with a Deck Crane of 3,0Te loading capacity and 18.9m boom located up to 18km off the coast of Guyana to install pipes on the seabed for the Gas to Energy project. In addition to crane operations, the Deck Hand – Crane Operator performs a variety of tasks on board of the barge, including assisting with maintenance and repair cleaning, painting, handling mooring ropes and all common activities on deck.
Contract Period: 3 months (Commencing June 2023)
- Sparrows Stage 3 Offshore Crane Operator’s certificate
- STCW Basic Safety Training A-VI
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Operate cranes and hoists
- Transfer loads and discharge safely
- Bind loads to cranes
- Inspect equipment and machinery
- Keep and update maintenance and activity log
- Carry out basic repairs to machines
- Coordinate with deck crew and interpret hand and verbal signals
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
- Executing the tasks assigned by the (Barge) Master and Officers in Charge about common activities on deck
- Maintain an efficient spare part stock for the common deck activities and maintenance in cooperation with the (Barge) Master and Officers in Charge
- Maintain the safety and environmental regulations on board (e.g. ISM & ISPS)
Kindly email CVs to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY