IT Support Technician
Job LocationGeorgetown. Guyana
The IT Assistant is responsible for supporting the Technical Support Manager in the execution IT solutions in the Organization. This will also include, but are not limited to, installing, configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment. Provide daily technical assistance to the User community to ensure effective utilization's of the organization's technology infrastructure. Work in other technological specialties, such as Web design or Internet security as needed.
Associate of Science degree in Information Systems, computer science or related field or equivalent Certification and 2 – 4 years of direct experience.
Microsoft Office, computer repair, LAN/ WAN & Router configuration, VPN, IP, TCP/IP, Command line, CAT5 wiring, COAX wiring, basic electricity, network configuration, network topologies.
- Provides direct, remote control and telephone support to laptop, Mobile and PC users
- Supported software includes Windows OS, MS Office as well as any other applications the Organisation uses or may implement in future.
- Installs, configure, maintain , upgrades and troubleshoots various Company supported software
- Installs, Troubleshoot LAN and WAN network connectivity issues and Firewall and Router devices
- Assist in managing and monitor antivirus software
- Install, configure and maintain Wireless network infrastructure and barcode scanners
- Provide support for IP based telephone systems
- Provide support for Laser and Label printer systems
- Create and maintain system documentation and proactively share this information with the team members
- Upgrades and troubleshoots PC, laptops, PDA hardware, peripherals, cellphones and security cameras
- Assists in facilitating the configuration and initial setup of mobile devices and assigning and re-assigning of same to team members, as needed
- Performs routine preventive and corrective services on desktop and mobile devices including, but not limited to, drivers, BIOS, software and firmware updates.
- Ships, tracks, and receives purchased equipment, equipment sent to other LPK offices and /or offsite for repairs
- Assists with the management of network equipment, servers, printers and other peripherals, internet connectivity and modem pools and facilitates correction of problems and replacement of hardware as required
- Monitors printer systems and supplies, including toner cartridges, ribbons, and orders replacements as required
- Confirms equipment security (locked cabinets, etc.) and maintains a clean, uncluttered work environment in all technology centers (computer room, server racks, telephone closets)
- Assists with system upgrades, expansion and maintenance projects as required
- Performs research for computer and software related purchases. Obtains quotations and specifications from various vendors and Internet sites.
- Assists with I.T. projects on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates vendor and consultant visits.
- Assist with upkeep of company's website, as needed.
- Keep up to date equipment inventory and documentation
- Performs training for end-users as needed
- Any other duties to ensure the smooth functioning of the Department
Interested persons are encouraged to submit their applications and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: The Human Resources Manager. Applications and resume can also be sent to PO Box # 10309
Lot 34-37 Water Street Georgetown.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY