Administrative Project Assistant
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Guyana, and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent will support the implementation of activities under the project “Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Tests and Treatment” as well as provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities throughout the duration of the project.
The qualified candidate should possess:
- University degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Political or Social Science, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience; or
High school diploma with at least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the fields of supporting project implementation and coordinating with local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Experience in the usage of MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of data analysis;
- Strong background in health, protection, gender and rights-based approach to development;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- Prior experience of working in the field of migration, preferably with vulnerable migrants and malaria services will be a significant advantage;
Prior experience working for IOM, a UN agency or another international organisation will be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Effectively applies knowledge of Malaria transmission, testing and treatment and migration issues within organizational context;
- Correctly frames Malaria and migration issues within their regional, global, and political context;
- Effectively interfaces with government officials on matters related to substantive Malaria/migration issues and the work of IOM;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives.
- Support the National Programme Officer in implementing and monitoring a Malaria RDT and treatment Project in partnership with the Ministry of Public Sector – Vector Control Services and funded by the Global Fund. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Monitor the training of 134 miners and 3 loggers to increase awareness on the malaria endemic and ensure their capacities are built to provide prompt diagnosis and treatment to 4500 miners and loggers who reside in areas with active transmission;
- Mobilize community members including managers, administrators and auxiliary staff of 33 mining and logging communities as part of the malaria workforce in Region 1;
- Support and monitor Field Staff to retrain service providers during their monitoring visits based on the attrition rate in the mining and logging sites;
- Carry-out monitoring and evaluation visits to follow-up with trained personnel and improve malaria surveillance in Region 1
2. Coordinate the logistic preparation and implementation of training sessions, workshops, meetings, procurement, requisition of malaria supplies and other activities pertaining to IOM projects/programs;
- Undertake travel duties related to project/programme implementation;
- Assist in coordinating the operational and administrative activities of the project;
- Draft all required project reports and note for files and background information requested by the Government, donor(s) and other entities;
- Support the National Programme Officer in identifying external experts and in establishing agreements with contract staff assigned to the project;
- Liaise with Government partners, donors, the UN and civil society partners;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Remuneration is based on the UN grading system. Position grade: G5
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Re: Application for Administrative Project Assistant.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY