Administrative Project Assistant at International Organization for Migration
The qualified candidate should possess:
- University degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Political or Social Science, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with at least three years of relevant professional experience; or
High school diploma with at least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the fields of supporting project implementation and coordinating with local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Experience in the usage of MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of data analysis;
- Strong background in health, protection, gender and rights-based approach to development;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
- Prior experience of working in the field of migration, preferably with vulnerable migrants and malaria services will be a significant advantage;
Prior experience working for IOM, a UN agency or another international organisation will be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Effectively applies knowledge of Malaria transmission, testing and treatment and migration issues within organizational context;
- Correctly frames Malaria and migration issues within their regional, global, and political context;
- Effectively interfaces with government officials on matters related to substantive Malaria/migration issues and the work of IOM;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country or regional objectives.