Offshore Site Manager
Job LocationOffshore Guyana
Place of work
Assigned site/ camp
Operations Director/ General Manager
Scope and general purpose
To manage staff and maintain quality operations of catering & services on site
- Catering and housekeeping staff on crew
- Heads of Departments
- Office Staff and Support Service Staff
- To allocate duties and tasks to subordinate catering & housekeeping personnel on site/ camp.
- To issue provisions and house keeping material to staff for smooth running of contract.
- To interact with client’s personnel and sort out issues of a minor nature pertaining to the contract as long as they are as per company norms
- To recommend staff for promotion, transfer, suspension and termination according to performance.
- Sanction advance to catering and housekeeping personnel as per company policy.
- Position opened to Guyanese nationals only
- Minimum qualification of bachelor's degree in hospitality management or any such equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 year experience in hospitality management with exposure to operation and team management
- Good knowledge of QHSE standard, cartering business and procedures.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Should be able to take initiative , authoritative and commanding.
- To plan menus
- To requisition for provisions and ensure proper storage and optimum usage.
- To ensure a high standard of hygiene.
- To maintain costs as per targets.
- To be responsible for work allocation on his site/camp.
- To ensure all levels, crew rooms, public areas, toilets and offices are neat and clean.
- To ensure that laundry services are of a high standard.
- To be responsible for implementing company discipline and grievance procedure.
- To develop and train Guyanese staff for promotion to a higher post, minimum of 2 staff in a one-year period.
- To observe all safety rules and procedures.
- To effectively supervise staff to ensure all QHSE rules & procedures are followed and hazards/ near miss and accidents are properly investigated and reported.
- To conduct weekly QHSE audits and inspections to maintain the conformity of operations and meet client requirements
- To raise HSE/Hazard awareness by actively participating in all HSE meetings.
- To attend and acquire certification in Intermediate HACCP, Intermediate Food Hygiene and apply this in the operations on site.
- To follow Newrest QHSE requirements and achieve QHSE targets set in yearly QHSE Plan.
- To be proficient in basic fire fighting, and first aid.
- To ensure that all materials and equipment are not left in a dangerous state.
- To attend to all internal and external customer complaints and achieve satisfactory closure
- To take the necessary action in the event of a crisis associated with employee safety, food contamination, commodity non-conformance, and environmental contamination.
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Included in these duties, you are required to perform any other reasonable tasks required by your manager.
Any other assignments given occasionally or daily by immediate superior or the management.
To be discussed at the interview
Interested persons can send applications to:
Newrest Gyana Inc.
Lot 1 Eccles Industrial Site
or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY