Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The position shall cover the following areas:
The Furniture Assembler is mainly responsible for ensuring that customer requests for furniture delivery and assembly are met in a timely manner and to work closely with the head of the stationery department to provide superior customer service.
- Minimum of 5 subjects CXC, inclusive of English and Math
- Course in Woodworking or Carpentry
Experience: At least six (6) months to one (1) year experience
- Assemble wooden parts or assemblies to form sections, frames, or complete articles of furniture: Trim joints to fit, using hand tools.
- Inspect and verify accuracy of assembled article for conformance to specified standards, using square and tape measure.
- Smooth irregular joints with rasp and sandpaper, and level chair legs, using circular leveling saw.
- Drill holes and attach hardware, such as drawer guides, drawer locks, catches, and latches, using power drill and hand tools.
- May be required to slide drawers in and out to test ease of movement, and adjust ill-fitting drawers, using hand tools.
- Monitor stock levels in the bond and also responsible for ensuring goods are recorded. Visit warehouse to have knowledge of Furniture, cabinets and equipment
- Ensure all damaged/expired items are reported to the respected persons and written off following correct company procedures.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested persons can send applications to :
The Human Resources Supervisor
Giftland Officemax,Plantation Pattensen
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY