Job Location2442 Track A Plantation Providence EBD
Reporting to the CEO, the Secretary is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
- Follow the organization procedures & Policies
- Should be proficient in Computers - Internet, MS-Office
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Active Listening
- Professional Ethics
- 5 years experience in the same or similar capacity
- CSEC with passes in Mathematics & English
The tasks of the Secretary will include but are not limited to:
- Perform administrative and secretarial duties with wide latitude for exercising discretion and judgment.
- Prepare letters, a portion or all of which may be composed or compiled on the basis of personal knowledge of the subject matter.
- As instructed or in accordance with precedent, direct mail to other staff members for their action.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments for the executive, including interviewing callers and making proper referrals; prepare material and make arrangements for meetings as required.
- Study reports received, check and compare with previous reports or other data, and bring to the attention of the executive significant items, changes, errors or omissions.
- Maintain for the executive up-to-date management manuals, directives, organizational charts and keep the executive informed of changes.
- Set up and maintain office files and keep correspondence and reports available for reference and efficient operation of the office.
- Do a ticket review of all the department heads on a weekly basis
- Take and transcribe dictation, type and maintain office records.
- Answer telephone and reply to questions in accordance with general instructions or refer calls to appropriate staff member.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets.
- Ensures executive is appropriately prepared for daily activities.
- Coordinates, attends, prepares materials for and/or takes minutes at meetings and special events.
- Reviews incoming correspondence and identifies items of special interest to manager or others.
- Screens items that can be routinely handled and prepares appropriate responses.
- Based on a knowledge of the executive's views, composes, edits and types correspondence, reports and manuscripts under minimal guidance.
- Coordinate and negotiate with suppliers or contractors as required for necessary job assignments to be given.
- Relay information on suppliers or contractors to executives for comparing of cost, availability and time needed for best completion or supply of service.
- Provide relevant support and coordination for inter-office, location specific meetings on behalf of the Guyana office.
- Performs any other lawful duties assigned.
To be discussed at the interview.
Interested and Qualified Aspirants, send CVs to email@example.com
Texila American University
Lot 2442 Plantation Providence, East Bank Demerara, Guyana
Telephone #: 592-676-1800
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY