Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The Junior Cook performs highly skilled baking/cooking work, and supervises all activities in the Kitchen. The incumbent must have a good understanding of international and local cooking recipes.
Education: Certificate in Cookery or Culinary Arts
Must have a valid food Handler’s Certificate
Experience: Two (2) years as a Cook in a hotel, restaurant or in a retail environment
Specific Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are Stored appropriately
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping the Chief.
- Assisting with food order from time to time.
- Restocking of goods in the kitchen from the stock room.
- Ensure kitchen is clean at all times.
- Ensure all food preparation are completed for the next shift or day.
- Assist is all area necessary within the Kitchen/preparation area .
- Ensure all equipment are turn off at all times.
- To produce a consistently excellent quality of product, adhering with the processes set out in the baking manual and using the correct ingredients
- To deliver a standard of product decoration and general presentation that is in line with the Foodmaxx’s standards of excellence
- To fully comply with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times
- Responsible for managing the kitchen in terms of ordering supplies and performing inventory, as well as maintenance on kitchen equipment.
- Measured ingredients and prepared rolls, cakes, frosting, cobblers, and pastries.
- Planned and prepared menu for efficient weekly production.
- Produce cakes, tarts, cupcakes, and fine dining desserts for the restaurant while paying close attention to details.
- Check in and verify deliveries
- Any other tasks as assigned.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on the Supermarket existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Foodmaxx. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicant can send application(s) to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY