- Opportunities to surpass your previous successes through focused and personalized development training
- The chance to earn reward and recognition through achievement of results and development of people
- Great discounts on our amazing products
- An inspiring, engaging environment that is fast - paced and ever changing
- An inclusive environment that embraces and celebrates diversity
Payless has a simple mission: To be the Go To, Get More, Pay Less shoe store for our customers. Since 1956, Payless has offered a wide range of fashionable shoes and accessory items at affordable prices for every member of the family. If your passion is leading a team, driving sales and providing an outstanding customer experience in a retail environment you have FOUND YOUR FIT!
- Two years of college or two years of progressive supervisory experience
- Previous retail experience is desired, but not a requirement
- You must have a passion for selling shoes and meeting our customers’ needs
- Proven teamwork and verbal communication skills are critical to this role
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to observe and respond to signs of shoplifting and facilitate a safe work place
- Ability to oversee store processes and make business decisions based on sales and profitability goals
- Ability to lift goods weighing up to 40 pounds a distance of several feet
- Willingness to work within reasonable distance to hiring starting location, as requested by Supervisor
The Store Leader (Store Manager) is a critical part of our Store Leadership Team. This role will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Model strong customer service and selling techniques
- Manage and monitor store profitability measures including sales, profit and shrink
- Recruit, interview and hire to build a skilled team committed to our customer
- Train, develop and coach team members to build skill sets and drive performance
- Provide training, coaching and performance management to develop Assistant Store Leaders to achieve results and develop others
- Provide on-going feedback and annual performance reviews
- Develop weekly work schedule based on sales forecast and traffic expectations
- Execute on all cash management procedures including preparing and making bank deposits
- Oversee store opening/closing and accessible as an emergency contact
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY