Fire Fighting Equipment Technician
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Our client is an established regional Fire and Safety Supplier and Service provider in the Caribbean. With 47 years of experience in the Oil and Gas Industry, we focus on providing Real People with Real Solutions, through leading global brands and our certified service center in Guyana. With our ever-changing world, we now offer you the online option, with a variety of safety and firefighting products and services that can be accessed through our e-commerce platform.
This position will support the Fire Fighting Equipment section of the Technical Services Department to achieve the desired future Goals and objectives by adhering to the Company’s work practices, HSSE standards and guidelines.
- 1 - 3 years’ overall work experience in the Petrochemical and /or the Commercial sectors.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in the experience in oil & gas sector will be an asset.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks. Excellent time management skills.
- Experience working in a fast pace, dynamic environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Mechanical Engineering Technician Diploma [MET Dip.] or Equivalent course of study and/or expertise from an accredited institution.
- Trained in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Trained in Technical Report Writing.
Work Execution Responsibilities
- Provide support to efficiently service, equipment assigned. This includes but is not limited to Fire Extinguishers, Fire pumps, Deluge systems, Foam Systems, Hose Reels etc. for the Industrial and Commercial clients.
- Assist and conduct installation of system devices and components for systems supplied and/or supported by Engineering & Projects Department.
- Assist the Technical Service and Projects teams with pre-commissioning and commissioning of service work to the respective parties and technicians daily.
- Responsible for preparing bill of quantities for parts/components pertaining to repairs to (FFE) equipment.
- Liaise with the Inventory Clerk to check stock levels routinely to ensure the ability to provide repairs to customer’s equipment within a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair all systems for (FFE) customer base.
- Be available for unscheduled work that are outside of the norm as well as on call work that may arise from time to time.
- Be able to carry out work in offshore, industrial, and commercial environments as required. This will be handled by the company once employed.
- Ensure that proper housekeeping practices are maintained with respect to work area, stock room, office in general, as well as on client facilities.
- Attend all monthly staff meetings and other communication sessions as required.
- Responsible for taking appropriate care of assigned Company’s equipment including but not limited to Guyana’s Vehicles, Handheld Tablets’, tools, and other related equipment. Take necessary precautions to prevent damage and/or loss.
- Partake in the service, repair and support of all instruments and equipment designated to be serviced by the Fire Fighting Equipment team.
- Ensure that all Company goals, targets, and objectives established for oneself are met as per year end review.
- Ensure follow through on critical directives from the leadership team, with daily progress updates where applicable until closure of the task(s).
- Comply with all relevant company Guidelines and Work Instructions relating to the (FFE) team.
- Follow the rules and speak up when issues need to be escalated to the Team Lead or Department Manager.
- Any other related duties as required by the job function.
Scope of Works Development and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Documentation
- Assist with scope of works development for job(s) including spares, tools and consumables required for repairs or service.
- Sign off all scope of works documents for jobs assigned to confirm understanding of client requirements.
- Ensure Quality Control Documents/Checklists for equipment (of both new and repaired equipment) are completed prior to leaving. Ensure that documents are completed and reviewed and for proper filing and documentation control.
- Ensure all customer’s equipment are properly labeled to provide easy identification for service and maintenance.
- Be responsible for timely follow ups on documentation and repairs.
- Submit reports daily, hard and/or soft copy via Asset Management software i.e., reports/evaluations to the Team Lead for approval with other related documents on service-related work and site visits.
- Ensure that all the proper paperwork procedures are always followed and kept in place with respect to service calls in-house and on-site.
- Ensure that proper reporting and other related services and site visit documents are completed with the required details daily.
- Use field Asset Management Software (AMS) on all Jobs conducted and reports are completed within three (3) days.
- Attend training to work on the systems and equipment that are serviced and maintained by the company.
- Conduct training with technicians and customers on instrument maintenance use and care where necessary.
- Attend all training for preparing special reports based on evaluations of systems requiring repair and service for submission to customers where required
- Be aware of and comply with all applicable HSE Policies, Procedures, Legislation, Standards and relevant rules of the organization at all times.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses immediately to their supervisor or soon as they reasonably can.
- Cooperate with Management and Supervisors on positive HSE performance and any incident investigations.
- Work safely so as to not negatively affect oneself, others and the environment.
- Correctly and safely use work equipment as designed with all safety features.
- Ensure that they are not under the influence of intoxicating substances, including marijuana and alcohol during working hours, while on Company or client premises, or while conducting business on the Company’s behalf.
- Be empowered to, and responsible for ‘stopping work’ that is unsafe and report to their direct Supervisor/Manager.
Kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Fire Fighting Equipment Technician" in the subject title.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY