Human Development Supervisor
Job LocationExpress International Inc.
The Human Development Supervisor oversees the daily functions of the Human Development Department. He/She is responsible for administering human resources policies and programs including staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and health and safety.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in an HR Role at a Supervisory level.
- Knowledge of Employment Laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Time Management, Organization and attention to details.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, and business management and presentation tools
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for the business unit.
- Responsible for all HR functions of the business unit.
- Supervision of HD employees.
- Counsels and guides Operational leaders on appropriate performance management
measures; attends or conducts corrective action sessions as warranted.
- Coordinate training sessions and workshops with employees on new and exisiting Company policies.
- Assist in administration, and scheduling of employee surveys.
- Handles employee relations counseling and escalations, and exit interviewing.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Process work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Monitor and assist with the maintenance of benefit programs e.g. medical insurance, performance bonuses, etc.
EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
- Interpreting contracts
- Helping to negotiate collective bargaining agreements
- Resolving grievances
- Advising supervisors on contract and local laws interpretation
- Assisting with processing employee grievances
- Overseeing engagement programs and other employee relations work
Applicants are encouraged to use this link to apply:
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY