Job LocationExpress International Inc.
The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating the movement of import and export shipment with the aim of satisfying customer specific needs.
· Minimum of two years’ experience as a Dispatcher.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective organizational and multitasking skills.
· Take orders from customers and document information about loads in Ascent TMS.
· Select carrier from Ascend to be assigned to loads.
· Send load to carrier via email.
· Confirm that carrier receives the load and is able to accept.
· If there is no suitable Carrier, then one has to be found (via LoadMatch).
· Get rates from carriers for select lanes so as to provide most competitive rate to customer.
· Provide rates for lanes to customers.
· Source updates on carriers and then send updates to the customer. (by 10:30hrs daily on active shipments)
· Update load status in Ascend accordingly.
· Track containers/vessels via terminal and steam lines.
· Update carriers and customers on actual ETA and LFD
· Book delivery appointments for carriers and update carriers and customer on set appointment.
· Call customer explain any delays driver may be facing and then follow up with an email.
· Handle all real-time escalations (carrier queries, etc.)
· Respond to queries (emails/phone calls) related to products and deliveries.
· Provide accurate and frequent information to keep all other groups in the loop on carrier and load activities.
· Source 2 new carriers monthly for required lanes or with specific special equipment or capability.
· Update Alison Transport live sheet daily.
· Send out KPI report weekly.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY