Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Procurement officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
- University Degree or equivalent in Engineering and/or Supply Chain Management
- Familiar with the interpretation of technical standards
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in technical services and goods purchasing, preferably within the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of materials import/export procedures and regulations.
- Mechanical expertise/background
- Familiar with purchasing regulations and legislation in country
- Familiar with materials administration and purchasing systems, preferably AMOS and MS applications.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel internationally including offshore
- Analyze the technical requirements of the purchase request and ensure that these requirements are met throughout the supply process, including the coordination of the acceptance tests, QA/QC documentation review, etc.
- Prepare the Requests for Quotation (RFQ) in accordance with the PIRs/scopes. The RFQs shall include all technical, commercial and quality requirements.
- Source, coordinate qualification and select suitable suppliers, manufacturers and vendors.
- Compile approved vendor lists and perform vendor audits as required.
- Issue the RFQs to the selected suppliers.
- Expedite and obtain suitable quotations and to co-ordinate technical clarifications and communications during bidding. Negotiate with suppliers and obtain the best price for goods and services.
- Review quotations and issue the cost comparison sheets when required
- Prepare the purchase recommendations
- Issue the Purchase Requisition (PRs) and expedite the approval process or for contracts provide full contract/agreement packages (including Business case, Service Level Agreements, Contracted Terms and conditions, etc.)
- Prepare and issue the Purchase Order (POs) or Request For Signatures (RFS)
- Verify the acknowledgement of POs and launch KOM
- Coordinate with freight forwarder to expedite deliveries.
- Prepare weekly progress report on purchasing activities (PIR, RFQ, PR and PO status).
- Monitor vendor’s performance and organize Quarterly Performance Review (QPR) meetings.
Kindly email us an updated copy of your CV, accompanied with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY