The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate and stock merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and to ensure that all Company rules and procedures are followed.
- High School Diploma.
- Proven work experience as a Forklift Operator
- Valid certification to operate forklift
- Knowledge and skills in operating Forklift and other heavy-duty vehicles.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Dedicated and excellent team player.
- Sound work ethics. Good moral character.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Pleasant personality and customer service oriented.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to storage locations. Efficiently stock and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage and report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipments along with the Foreman or Clerk and ensure that the number and type of products are accurate.
- Perform selection and stocking of customer cargo in an efficient manner to meet customer service standard.
- Efficiently move product from staging/storage areas unto trailers, truck trays or to the delivery point.
- Load, unload, move, stock and stage products using a forklift, clamp truck or other power equipment.
- Maintain the Company equipment in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Inspect and perform minor checks on the forklift or other equipment on a daily basis.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed rules.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct all operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSH and HSSE standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Please email your Letter of Application and Curriculum Vitae by April 21, 2022, addressed to:
Human Resources Department
45-47 Water Street, Georgetown
Subject line: ‘Application – Forklift Operator’
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY