Job LocationBlock G1, Land of Canaan, East Bank of Demerara
Fernandes Guyana Enterprise Ltd. is seeking enthusiastic and experienced persons to fill the position of Driver/ Salesman.
- Driver’s License issued no less than two (2) years ago
- Licensed to drive trucks
- Knowledge of the Guyanese roadways, particularly East Coast, West Coast, East Bank, West Bank of Demerara as well as Georgetown.
- Secondary Education, with Mathematics and English at CSEC
- Ability to work in a team
- Willing to learn and work in the field
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Sales or any customer service related job would be an asset
- Ability to manage time well
- Honest disposition
- Ensuring that trucks under your care are well taken care of and they are well prepared at the start of every day;
- Ensuring that you are familiar with the route set out for each day and this is adhered to;
- Ensuring that you are in possession of all necessary documentation to drive on the roadways in keeping with the laws of Guyana;
- Reporting all issues and emergencies to the Sales Manager;
- Making requisitions for the production of stocks needed for delivery
- Checking and ensuring that only the best quality goods reach customers daily
- Planning routes for the day’s activities and ensuring that these are adhered to
- Ensuring that customers receive the correct order or receive what they request and a sales invoice is prepared in accordance
- Ensuring that all customers are treated with utmost respect and excellent customer service
- Taking customer information and recording these in the applicable forms
- Taking note of customer complaints
- Ensuring that exchange and stand policies as well as prices are strictly enforced
- Ensuring that all finances are in his/her possession during and after transactions
- Balancing all finances with the Sales Clerk at the end of the day.
- Ensuring that time and traffic are managed efficiently;
- Ensuring that the truck under your care is in the factory compound at the end of the day;
- Assisting in off-loading should the need arise;
FGE will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects.
When you join FGE, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility.
The Hiring Manager,
Fernandes Guyana Enterprise Ltd.
G1 Land of Canaan,
East Bank Demerara
Email us your CV:
or call 266 5847
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY