Job LocationPrashad Nagar, Georgetown, Guyana
The Georgetown International Academy, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of Security Officer to protect the children, staff and property of Georgetown International Academy by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Four (4) CSEC subjects (Grades 1-4);
- Must be disciplined, professional and willing to adapt to changes;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to work with others;
- Must be able to work well with children;
- Customer focused;
- Ability to approach problems innovatively with a resolution focus;
- Conciliatory approach to conflict resolution;
- Pragmatic delivery approach;
- Flexible attitude to working hours;
- Tenacity and confidence with exceptional attention to detail;
- Able to work collaboratively and under own initiative;
- Security experience will be an asset, though, not required;
- Ensure a smooth and safe entrance and exit of students to and from the school;
- Ensure that all items dropped off for students are from their parents;
- Patrol the perimeter of the compound and the buildings.
- Document persons entering and leaving the premises;
- Document the state of all entrances to the school, doors to the buildings and rooms;
- Accurately document unusual occurrences.
General Security and Safety
- Monitor CCTV cameras diligently;
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents;
- Report any suspicious deliveries as soon as possible;
- Ensure all visitors are escorted to the respective personnel;
- Ensure all received mail and packages are delivered to the respective department;
- Carry out any other reasonable or lawful request from Security Supervisor or the school’s director.
Please submit your resume along with a recent police clearance, one job reference and one character references to firstname.lastname@example.org to the Human Resources Officer, Georgetown International Academy, 9-10 Delhi Street, Prashad Nagar, Georgetown no later than July 20th, 2021.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY