Job LocationTurkeyen, Greater Georgetown
The Furniture Assembler is mainly responsible for ensuring that customer requests for furniture delivery and assembly are met in a timely manner and to work closely with the head of the stationery department to provide superior customer service.
- Minimum of 5 subjects CXC, inclusive of English and Math
- Course in Woodworking or Carpentry
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to assemble furniture
- Ability to read and follow assembly instructions
- Previous experience working as a Furniture Assembler in a Retail environment
- Assemble wooden parts or assemblies to form sections, frames, or complete articles of furniture: Trim joints to fit, using hand tools.
- Inspect and verify accuracy of assembled article for conformance to specified standards, using square and tape measure.
- Smooth irregular joints with rasp and sandpaper, and level chair legs, using circular leveling saw.
- Drill holes and attach hardware, such as drawer guides, drawer locks, catches, and latches, using power drill and hand tools.
- May be required to slide drawers in and out to test ease of movement, and adjust ill-fitting drawers, using hand tools.
- Monitor stock levels in the bond and also responsible for ensuring goods are recorded.
- Complete whole sale orders for customers for furniture and equipment.
Remuneration will be in accordance with Giftland's salary structure.
Interested applicants can apply to:
Human Resources Manager
Lot 1 Plantation Pattensen
Turkeyen, Greater Georgetown
or email application to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY