Senior Accounts Clerk- New Amsterdam, Berbice
Job LocationNew Amsterdam
Send application to: email@example.com
- Degree in Accounting from a recognized institution.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the field of Accounting or working as an Accounting Clerk.
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs various accounting functions. Authorizes or refuses financial commitments following established procedures. Receives and processes payments. Verifies, analyses and reconciles accounts. Records accounting transactions using automated financial systems. Investigates and follows-up on discrepancies or other accounting matters as required. Obtains and provides information regarding policies and procedures.
1. Verifies, analyses, reconciles and updates accounts. Investigates and follows-up on discrepancies or other accounting matters.
2. Prepares, records and processes accounting transactions and ensures that allocation to accounts is accurate. Selects accounts to charge or credit when appropriate. Opens new accounts as required. Ensures the availability of funds.
3. Receives payments. Issues receipts. Prepares vouchers and deposits.
4. Issues invoices and refunds, authorizes or refuses financial commitments following established procedures. Calculates, prepares and records disbursements and flow of funds and completes required documents.
5. Ensures that all accounting documents conform to University standards with regard to required authorizations, accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation.
6. Communicates with others in order to provide or obtain information related to area of activity, including fee payments, policies and procedures.
7. Submits requests for production of reports on mainframe systems. Generates reports and account statements. Ensures that these are performed correctly and reviews for accuracy. Makes corrections according to area of activity and level of responsibility.
8. Prepares worksheets and reports. Makes any required changes, including assigning codes. Updates files and opens new files as required.
9. Maintains petty cash. Verifies and reimburses petty cash requisitions. Records transactions and prepares balance sheet.
10. Completes various administrative forms, drafts correspondence and types various documents in relation to area of activity.
11. Organizes filing system for documents within area of activity.
12. Notifies supervisor of any anomaly, situation or particular problem and, as necessary, proposes changes or improvements to the work flow within the unit.
13. Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, typewriter, photocopier and fax machine.
14. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee who has been matched to this generic job description.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY