Manager, Human Resources
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
Our Client is Guyana’s premier bank. Their rich and successful history dates back to the establishment of the first commercial bank in British Guiana. Today they have a network of twelve Branches spread across the country, even in the most remote areas, in addition to our Corporate Office in Georgetown.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Responsible for developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives that are aligned with the overall business strategy of the bank. The incumbent has the leadership role in evaluating and recommending compensation packages in line with Bank’s annual budget, internal policies, and the laws of Guyana. The incumbent also continuously monitors the performance review system offering feedback to line managers and management, including proposals for training, in an effort to ensure employee satisfaction and organizational productivity. The incumbent will be the lead Change Agent and will be looked at as the Human Resources Business Partner driving performance management, employee relations and cultural change.
• Thorough understanding of the Termination of Employment and Severance Pay Act Ch. 96:01
• Knowledge of Labour laws applicable to Guyana
• Knowledge of the Bank’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures
• Thorough interviewing, recruitment, and training delivery skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• A degree in Human Resources or Business Management or equivalent.
• 5-10 years in Human Resource Leadership Role.
• Ability to use Human Resource Software (HRMIS).
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
TRANSFORMATIONAL AND FUNCTIONAL LEADERSHIP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure the effective management of all Human Resource policies and procedures as it pertains to recruitment /manpower/succession planning and the career development of employees.
• Ensure that all positions are adequately filled through a thorough process of advertising, short-listing, and selecting the most suitable candidates based on the requirements of the job and the attitude, experience, and qualification of the candidate.
• Foster an environment that allows for the nurturing and growth of employees’ career and an effective succession plan.
2. Developing Management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues and encourage a positive work environment.
• Support managers and supervisors in matters relating to Employee Relations including managing crucial conversations, conflict, performance management, planning and administering employee exits and redundancies, disciplinary proceedings and grievances, probationary processes, and other employee relations related activities.
• Providing advice and guidance be it formal processes or informal coaching, analyzing the implications, identifying needs, and recommending appropriate course of action, liaising with internal legal and other stakeholders as appropriate, documenting actions and events, complying with regulations.
3. Responsible for the development of a competitive salary administration /compensation package in line with the Bank’s policies and the labour laws of Guyana.
• Develop and deliver strategic compensation plan and align performance management with the compensation structure of the Bank.
• Review and obtain direction on employee compensation and benefits from the Human Resource and Compensation Sub Committee of the Board.
4. Monitors the delivery and effectiveness of overall training programmes for employees to ensure continuous employee development and the elimination of knowledge gaps.
• Ensure effective and successful delivery of training and development that includes new hire orientation, leadership training and professional development.
• Conduct needs assessment to determine when training is necessary, and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity.
• Examine employee performance records to identify areas where employees can improve through job skills training or employee development such as seminars, workshops, or leadership techniques.
Will be discussed in teh interviewing process
Please email your resume to email@example.com quoting the title of the position in the subject line.
Pleae note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY