Job LocationExpress International Inc.
The Freight Broker is responsible for matching shippers with transportation services in order to transport goods and vice versa. He/she is tasked with pairing authorized and reliable transportation carriers to the shippers; through utilizing the tools available to validate the carrier and coordinating all of the shipping needs for many companies.
- Valid Passport & U.S Visa
- Ability to Travel
- 2+ years experience as a Broker or Operations Supervisor/Manager
- 5 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent. Diploma in a related field preferred.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A strong work ethic
- Outstanding people skills
- Locate suitable transportation carriers to facilitate freight movement from point of origin to destination.
- Based on assigned locations, build a database of carriers through daily prospecting to facilitate efficient and prompt movement of customers’ freight.
- Build and close off all jobs within the TMS.
- Maintain carrier database.
- Follow up on carrier payments with the relevant personnel.
- Complete weekly carrier performance review and submit to relevant personnel.
- Ensure carriers submit PODs within the specified time based on the customer’s requirement.
- Build a database of manufacturers/distributors through daily prospecting to cater for opportunities to increase freight movement.
- Communicate with customers on delays with any shipment.
- Ensure every driver is set up using Macropoint.
- Accurately update the Track and Trace Live sheet with running loads.
SALARY SCALE: $125,000 - $225,000
Follow this link to apply:
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY