Human Resources Manager
Job Location2442 Track A Plantation Providence EBD
The HR Manager is responsible for the overall functioning of Human Resource Department in terms of Recruitment, Training, Employee Engagement & Performance Appraisal.
Overall responsibility for HR Department.
MBA or Bachelor’s Degree
Certificate course related to Human Resource
5 years experience.
1. Coordination with Department Heads for manpower requirement and get the same approved by the management
2. Take all necessary steps to ensure that all vacancies are filled up within the given time frame.
3. Ensure that all HR Consultancies have active contracts with the company and are providing candidates on regular basis
4. Ensure that all processes with regard to recruitment process are adhered to
5. All efforts to be made to see if the candidate will be suitable for vacant positions before rejecting the same. All rejected candidate profiles are verified before dropping the same
1. Ensure that all joining formalities are completed within time frame
2. All appointment letters , contracts and code of conduct are signed in the time frame
3. Employees are oriented on the rules and regulations of the company and within the department where the employee will be assigned which will also include the familiarization of the organizational structure.
4. Introduction of new employee to TAU family.
1. HR Manager has ultimate responsibility for preserving the employer-employee relationship through designing an effective work employee relations strategy 2. Ensures that employees have a safe working environment, free from discrimination and harassment.
3. Ensures quick redressal / resolution of Employee grievances. However, the HR Manager will not bypass the hierarchal line of authority and all actions taken will be after consultation with the given Team leader, team manager, department head and finally approval to be taken from management
Career and workforce development
1. To provide advice on future practices including career development and talent management strategies, development programs, mentoring support, and staff diversity and inclusion strategies.
2. To lead and manage the professional development of all staff within the university’s training budget
3. Training schedules are prepared and adhered to and new Employees are sufficiently equipped on product and processes.
4. To conduct ICP tests at regular intervals for all departments, to identify areas of deficiency and to take necessary corrective actions for the same.
5. Implement strategic organizational change to increase productivity and employee satisfaction
6. Employee discipline : Ensure that all employees adhere to the laid down policies such as timings, dress code etc
a. To lead and manage the performance management process as it applies to teaching and support staff.
b. Facilitating the appraisal cycle and ensuring that the same is completed on time
8. Take all necessary steps to reduce attrition
Manpower budgeting and staffing
1. To take an advisory and proactive role in the strategic management of staffing at TAU 2. To lead and manage the recruitment budget. To provide information and advice to assist managers to forecast and take action in anticipation of future workforce trends.
3. Work closely with the management to model the financial impact of all staffing appointments
4. Interpret and advise on all legislation pertaining to staffing.
Termination & Exit Formalities: 1. HR Manager ensures compliance with employment and labor laws in making the decision to terminate an employee when required.
2. Conduct exit interviews and ensure that all exit formalities are completed in the given time frame
3. Ensure that Knowledge Transfer has been effected before exit of the concerned employee
Quality & Statutory Requirements
1. To ensure that TAU meets its statutory employment, equality, health and safety obligations.
2. Liaise as and when appropriate with legal departments, and other statutory and professional bodies
3. To ensure that TAU’s HR processes and procedures comply any other statutory and regulatory bodies which are coming under our purview.
4. To take all action needed for continuous improvement / enhancements to the HR systems/process and subsequent dissemination/training of the same to the respective departments and stake holds which is the need of the hour
5. Develop Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, that would be helpful for the development of the HR Department services to university’s human resources, which shall be reviewed and processed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
1. To prepare effective recruitment materials including job descriptions, person specifications, advertisements and information packs for candidates which reflect TAU in a positive light.
To ensure that critical documents such as Policies, SOP, Procedures, annexure to procedures , etc are formatted , serialled , updated and appropriately documented.
1. To be responsible for maintenance of up-to-date accurate personnel records in accordance with statutory and audit requirements.
1. To send daily, weekly and monthly reports as per formats provided
Interested and Qualified Aspirants, send CV to Roshinie.email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Texila American University
Lot 2442, Plantation Providence, East Bank Demerara, Guyana
Telephone # 592-265-7651 / 265-7652 / 265-7650
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY