Job LocationLittle Diamond, Industrial Site, EBD.
To assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the HSE Management System at OWMS and to provide a co-ordination role for the implementation and maintenance of the HSE Management Systems, ensuring compliance with company objectives and expectations.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a health and safety officer.
- A first degree in a related field or Occupational Health and Safety Certification e.g. NEBOSH
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Outstanding organizational skills, diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Monitors and controls the operating and personnel expenses related to HSE Department.
- Recommends to Top Management ways to improve business and advises on Capital Expenditure in regards to HSE.
- Reviews and verifies Purchase Requisitions for items required by the department.
- Ensures that all personnel fully adhere and comply with accepted standards of customers and clients, in the areas of HSE.
- Actively promotes and champions all HSE related policies, procedures and initiates and ensures full compliance with HSE Management System.
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of HSE reports and metrics relevant to HSE.
- Provides Management with recommendations and guidance regarding HSE Management Systems, Policies and Procedures with specific focus on impact on operational activities.
- Conducts monthly HSE Management Review Meetings aimed at reviewing critical HSE issues / accomplishments and ensures the close-out of all outstanding issues.
- Accountable for the preparation and communication of all HSE-related schedules.
- Accountable for the accurate tracking, monitoring, verification and reporting of all HSE-related metrics and statistics in accordance with agreed requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinates the investigation and close-out of all HSE incidents / accidents / issues as required.
- Performs any other related duties required by management to ensure the successful completion and/or running of operations.
- Ensures total compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental policy and existing local / international laws and regulations where applicable.
- Ensures that all operations are conducted in a safe manner.
- Participates and chairs General Safety Meetings & Risk Assessment Processes E.g. Toolbox Meetings, JSA.
- Conducts routine safety inspections of equipment, personnel and locations.
- Supervises equipment familiarity training for all personnel.
- Ensures Emergency Drills are conducted.
- Develops and ensures full compliance to HSE Training Matrix for all relevant / applicable employees.
- Ensure continuous performance improvement in regards to HSE Management Systems, Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies and mitigates potential HSE threats / liabilities, in consultation with Management.
- Co-ordinates, with HR, to identify critical departmental and organizational HSE training needs.
- Keeps abreast of existing HSE theories, approaches, techniques and technologies, which may affect level of HSE Performance and makes recommendations for improvement when and where necessary.
- Assists in the coordination and delivery of HSE Induction / Orientation Training and any other HSE related training programme or initiative as required or requested.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their CV/ Resume along with Cover Letter to Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY