Chief Financial Officer
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), with a dotted line to the Group CFO, and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, legal, property management, IT strategy and policy, legal and statutory compliance and private and institutional financing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- ACCA certification from a recognized institution with practical experience in accounting field. A Master in Business Administration will be an asset.
- Minimum of five (5) years senior management experience.
- Proficiency in Micro Soft Office.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Current knowledge of financial and accounting computer applications
- Reporting Skills
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Effective Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Financial management abilities
- Decision-making abilities and problem-solving skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development of short and long term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility within the company’s operations.
- Ensures directors understand the financial implications of goals and plans.
- Corresponds with directors regarding financial decisions.
- Ensures achievement of KPIs and strategic plan initiatives in the set time frames.
Maintain a financial reporting system and implement any necessary associated accounting systems, which allows full financial statements to be prepared by the 10th of the following month. This includes balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, full year projections, general ledger and all necessary subsidiary ledgers.
- Responsible for the monthly preparation of a full financial package, in a format outlined by the CDP Head Office. This package contains all the reports necessary to assist head office in reviewing the company’s activities.
- Prepare an annual budget by end July each year, for the period ending September 30th of the following year.
- Implement the preparation of such daily, weekly and monthly management reports which are required by management and Head Office in monitoring the performance of the company.
- This will include sales, inventory and banking reports.
- Ensures that quarterly financial package and financial reporting is completed in accordance with International Accounting Standards and within statutory requirements and timeframes.
- Ensures that Annual financial statements are completed in accordance with International Accounting Standards, within statutory requirements and timeframes and with minimal audit adjustments and internal control issues.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DUTIES
- Oversees the IT Department and ensure processes are followed
- Review and make recommendations pertaining to contracts or sub-contractures for IT services such as hosting, internet solutions etc.
- Oversees the warehouse Department and ensure processes are followed
- Performs all Regulatory Secretarial functions for the company, including Annual return filing in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Reviews/Assists in drafting all material legal documents ensuring all potential risks and areas of importance to the company are covered or addressed.
- Advises the Board and Executive on Legal implications of strategy and actions where necessary.
- Takes minutes of the meetings of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Prepares annual cash flow projections for the Company, with monthly updates.
- Establishes and manages the Company dividend policy, ensuring funds available to meet all contractual commitments.
- Ensure appropriate working capital management and adequate treasury management so as to meet financial obligations in both local and foreign currencies.
- Assists with the Company’s IT strategy.
- Works with the broker on an ongoing basis with a view to reducing and improving
the overall insurance cost and coverage.
- Review systems, policies and procedures to assess whether the company practices acceptable levels of governance.
The Chief Finance Officer performs any other related functions that the Board may assigned
from time to time.
Please visit https://www.crsrecruitment.co.tt/jobs/ to apply for this vacancy. You can also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY