SENIOR ACCOUNTS CLERK
Job LocationNew Market Street, Georgetown, Guyana
The Senior Accounts Clerk is responsible for the application of accounting principles to maintain and accurately reflect the financial position of the Company. They must ensure that the company’s accounting procedures conform to generally acceptable accounting principles by working cohesively with the company’s Accountant.
- Proven full-cycle accounting experience, preferably a minimum of four (4) years.
- Completed Certified Accounting Technician qualification (CAT).
- At least five (5) subjects CSEC or its equivalent including Principles of Accounts, Mathematics and English.
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures.
- Proven competency in MS Office.
- Hands on experience with Excel and financial reports.
- Well organized, coordinated, ability to work independently, exercise judgement and initiative.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding would be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain professional composure in stressful situations.
- Validating Invoices, Bills and other supporting documentation received from vendors, customers, and clients.
- Ensure that all bills are entered into the accounting system and do regular reconciliation of vendor accounts with statements from vendors and our records and ensuring that the vendors are paid on a timely basis.
- Preparation of cheque and cash payment vouchers, cheques and wire transfers.
- Posting of bills, cheques & cash payments, and deposits.
- Scanning and attaching supporting documentation to their respective transactions in the accounting system.
- Collect and deposit payments from customers and issue receipts.
- Ensuring all supporting documentations for transactions are filed in their respective files and in accordance with their sequence.
- Respond to incoming queries regarding payments and related issues, take messages and ensure the customer’s issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Efficient maintenance of receivables and payables portfolio. Follow up and ensure payments are received and made within the approved timeline and update relevant accounts accordingly.
- Monthly review of payables and receivables.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with Banking Representatives to address any discrepancies with bank balances/transactions.
- Maintenance of an effective Petty Cash Impress System.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation and provision of information for Audit, other operational and financial requests, and reports.
- Administrative duties such as the purchase of office supplies, attend to correspondences etc.
- Maintenance of fixed asset register.
- Assisting the Operations Team with the preparation of customer package for import LCL customers from Trinidad.
- Reconciliation of Agency Accounts.
- Ensure all accounting, vendors, invoices and supporting documentations are kept up to date and filed away efficiently.
- Any other duties assigned.
Should you meet the requirements and skill competencies listed above, please forward your application and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or 210 New Market Street, Georgetown Guyana no later than July 9, 2021 with the subject “Application for Senior Accounts Clerk”. Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY