Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the Receiving Department of the Warehouse. As a part of the Warehouse Management Team, the Receiving Supervisor is directly responsible for supervising Receiving Clerks and Porters in effectively ensuring inventory accuracy and careful movement of Company products in a safe and reliable manner
- Five (5) subjects CXC, Grades 1-3 inclusive of English and Math
- 2 years experience in similar field
- Supervise all Receiving Clerks in a professional and polite manner of communication by guiding and encouraging them to also be professional and polite with fellow staff, management and suppliers.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Assign duties and assess work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Provide written and oral instructions and improve efficiency of Receiving Clerks.
- Train staff on care and preservation of items received, methods and use of equipment.
- Provide on the job training, guidance to new Receiving Clerks and coordination of work with the receiving section.
- Supervise compliance of receiving practices with established company policies and standards.
- Review records for information accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
- Monitor, prevent and report, in detail, all damages to management immediately.
- Review and approve discrepancy reports received from Senior Receiving Clerk for shipments received and notify the relevant department heads.
- Follow up with the Senior Receiving Clerk that items received are distributed in a timely manner to the requesting departments in proper condition.
- Report to the relevant department heads all goods received.
- Communicate with the Procurement, Finance and Inventory Control Departments and Warehouse Manager using telephone and e-mails.
- Maintain harmony among workers and assist in resolving grievances.
- Maintain an orderly and neat stock and receiving area.
- Professionally enforce and maintain a high level of discipline by issuing verbal and written warnings and recommending suspension or dismissal for those who are undisciplined, unprofessional, or are guilty of breaking company policies.
- Solve problems and make informed decisions affecting the service and productivity of the receiving area.
Any other task as may be determined by the Warehouse Manager
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested person (s) can send applications to :
The Human Resources Supervisor
Giftland OfficeMax or
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY