Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing installation and maintenance tasks under the categories of services offered by Harpy Services Inc. electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning plumbing, solar.
- Certified electrician
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade
- Knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and rough drawings
- Familiarity with plumbing, air conditioning
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in mathematics and conversion of measurements
- Manual dexterity
- Colour vision
- Physical fitness and a good sense of balance
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Diagnose electrical problems using diagrams or blueprints.
- Install and repair electrical systems.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and conduct tests.
- Pinpoint problems using a range of testing devices.
- Safely use various hand and power tools.
- Plan the layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations of the National Electrical Code.
- Supervise and train others in the installation and repair of electrical components.
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in commercial and residential structures.
- Collaborate with general contractors, electricians, and other construction professionals.
- Follow building plans and blueprints.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve plumbing emergencies.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Keep accurate records of time spent working, description of work performed and materials used.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for AC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
- Assisting with customers' queries.
General: Assist with collection of information and data to the office for preparation of pricing and client estimates
Undertake all other jobs assigned
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV along with copies of all your valid qualification certificates along with a cover letter detailing why you should be accepted for this position. CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Harpy Services Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY