Job LocationRAMADA Princess Hotel Guyana
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
2. Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
4. Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Receive daily work assignments from Chief Engineer/Supervisor and review priorities and special projects.
8. Organize materials, tools, and equipment to perform daily assignments.
9. Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
10. Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
11. Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
12. Perform electrical work orders:
a) Replace light switches.
b) Reset circuit breakers.
c) Replace wall plug receptacles.
d) Replace fluorescent light ballast.
e) Replace electrical solenoid valve/switch.
f) Replace small motors.
g) Use test equipment; ohmmeter, voltage tester, and amp probe.
13. Perform plumbing work orders:
a) Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals, and drain lines.
b) Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, and solenoid valves/switch.
c) Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, and toilet seals.
d) Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron, and pipe hangers.
14. Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders:
a) Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment.
b) Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment.
c) Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List.
d) Change air-conditioning filters every months.
e) Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary.
f) Change or repair locks as needed.
g) Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory.
h) Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
15. Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
16. Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber, and painter in all phases of repair work.
17. Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance.
Assist with any special projects assigned.
18. Assist with rooms maintenance which includes replacement of switches, outlets, light bulbs, rewiring of lamps, and appliances, caulking bath tubs, and shower head replacement.
19. Assume the responsibilities of the Duty Engineer, which includes carrying the pager, conducting rounds, and checking building equipment.
20. Attend designated department and staff meetings.
21. Recommend energy saving ideas.
22. Recommend safety ideas; participates in fire prevention and other life safety programs.
23. Wipe down walls, clean, and paint as needed.
24. Repair furniture.
25. Build storage bins, shelves, etc.
To be discussed at interview
Please send applications to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY