Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The Dispatcher supervises the staff and operations of a dispatch unit. Duties include prioritizing and planning the workload of daily dispatch operations in compliance with schedules, deadlines, protocol and policy. The Dispatch Team leader also reviews and analyzes proper loading and unloading techniques as per quality standards.
- Five (5) subjects CXC, Grades 1-3 Inclusive of English and Math
- One year experience
- Communicate with customers to arrange delivery at agreed time.
- Maintain a delivery schedule of goods to be delivered to customers.
- Ensure all goods are delivered to customers on time.
- Manage all drivers, delivery clerks and porters and assign delivery jobs.
- Monitor the arrival and departure times of drivers.
- Ensuring outgoing shipments are in good condition and meet specifications
- Ensure all goods are checked for delivery with security personnel.
- Provide logistical support and coordinate dispatch activities with other departments.
- Ensure that all merchandise is being loaded properly into the delivery van as per international stacking standards.
- Ensure that all delivery vans are secured prior to leaving the bond premises.
- Maintain a schedule of goods due to customers and follow-up with procurement department when items will be supplied.
- Solicit feedback from customers on the quality of the delivery service provided.
- Handle complaints from customers and provide feedback and assistance.
- Any other duties.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested person (s) can send applications to :
The Human Resources Supervisor
Giftland OfficeMax or
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY