Assistant Factory Manager
Job LocationCoverden, East Bank Demerara
As the Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for managing a diverse and talented manufacturing team. Your primary goal is to oversee that the factory workers are properly organized to achieve a reasonable workflow throughout the day. This will include walking the factory floor to monitor the performance of the factory staff.
Your position will also include inventory management and logistics planning in order to improve efficiency and profit maximization.
Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing Occupational Safety and Health (OS&H) standards and procedures which complies with legal regulations. Enforce company policies and ensure standards are maintained, including that all disciplinary actions are conducted in a fair and equal manner.
To be successful, you should demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills and resolve any issues that may derail production. Ultimately, a top-performing Assistant Manager should have exceptional communication, management, and leadership skills to ensure that the factory runs smoothly.
1. Ensure all production and maintenance activities are executed in accordance with the production plan and maintenance schedule in an efficient and effective manner
2. Ensure all installations are done punctually and within the specified time frame
3. Ensure all supplies are purchased when reorder levels are reached
4. Ensure the lumber inventory is updated promptly
5. Ensure a perpetual count is done fortnightly for tools at all workstations and once monthly for all installation tools
6. Motivate and encourage team members to achieve further growth and the success of the company
1. Plan and coordinate project activities, resources, equipment, and information for timely completion whilst upholding all safety regulations.
2. Plan and coordinate the activities of the drivers, purchasing, installation, and maintenance teams.
3. Collaborate with other locations to determine supply needs
4. Maintain minimum levels of inventory at all times
5. Maintain an accurate lumber inventory
6. Forecast the future raw materials needs for the furniture factory based on incoming orders and bring them to management’s attention
7. Asset management – ensure that all equipment and tools are accounted for
8. Use tools to improve the system of monitoring working hours, plans, and expenditures
9. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and report
10. Identify current and future training and coaching needs, along with safety procedures, and bring them to managements’ attention
11. Any other duties assigned
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY