Job LocationKingston, Jamaica
Our client is the leading manufacturer and distributor of snack foods, chocolate confectionery, biscuits and breakfast cereals in the Caribbean.
They currently market and distribute their products in over twenty (20) countries worldwide. Their products have become household names in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean. The Company caters to all age groups with a variety of prices and product sizes.
SCOPE OF POSITION
To be the champion of assigned brands ensuring maximized distribution and promotion in our local and export markets.
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Entrepreneurship or related discipline
• Post graduate degree/Masters would be an asset.
• At least 5 years’ experience in local trade / marketing / distribution, preferably in FMCG
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• High degree of proficiency with MS Office suite
• Sound planning and organizational skills.
• Driven, enthusiastic, analytical, decisive, achievement and results oriented.
• Ability to influence change
• Innovative and creative.
• Strong customer orientation, with a focus on delivery
• Flexible and team oriented.
• Formulation of annual Brand plans (with detailed budgets and visuals) for each brand within your respective portfolio – to be tracked and tweaked on a quarterly basis based on observed trends and market environment.
• Evaluate product performance as it relates to profitability and sales revenues in local and export markets, identifying and implementing innovative marketing and promotional ideas to increase accordingly.
• Lead in the undertaking of market research and evaluation of competitive products/ pricing and promotional activity to identify and exploit new/key trends.
• Drive all aspects of implementation for new product launches in the designated markets from marketing to distribution coordination - Ensuring optimum Quality, Distribution, Visibility/Merchandising, Price, Placement, Promotions and PR for all brands.
• Formulating and overseeing the execution of all above and below the line marketing activities (eg. ATL - Billboards, print ads, public relation releases; BTL – event and trade promotions, and sponsorship).
• Overseeing and continuously liaising with agencies on brand campaigns, social media activity, and special events in order to evaluate ROI and brand top of mind.
• Assist, with guidance from the Marketing Manager, in the planning and execution of brand awareness campaigns through PR, print, radio, TV advertising and promotional materials.
• Provide a regular overview of the economy, spending habits in fast moving consumer goods and benchmark with key competitors.
• Liaising with production to ensure stock levels, packaging requirements and overall timelines are on track.
• Liaising with accounts to ensure suppliers are compensated on a timely basis.
• Liaise with Sales Manager, advertising agencies and merchandising teams advising on improving shelf space, product placement and display.
• Communicating brand strategies to sales reps and merchandisers.
• Working on the trade with sales supervisors, sales reps and merchandisers to assist with acquiring new customers or further sales (mainly Business to Business) and acquiring gondolas and gaining extra space in store.
• Liaise with Sales Team for continuous feedback on trade needs.
• Assist with the preparation of annual sales budgets for designated product group and markets. Forecasting 3 to 15 month required stock levels based on seasons and campaigns.
• Planning and conducting internal and external staff training sessions.
• Formulating and coordinating, together with an agency, the execution of digital marketing projects (i.e. social media – i.e. social applications, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, etc.).
• Event project management.
• Planning and ensuring proper execution of regular promotional exercises/events.
• Reporting on budget status and campaign spend/results by brand once per month.
• Reporting on brand sales vs previous years (inclusive of percentage growth/design).
• Perform any other related functions consequential and incidental to the position.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Delivering Marketing Plan on time and within budget
• Delivering on Sales Budget
• Increasing Revenue and market share
• Customer satisfaction
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY