Head of HR and Talent Development
The Head of Human Resources (HR) and Talent Development is responsible for actively managing and promoting HR and talent development within the company. This role contributes at both a strategic and operational level to identify HR and labor relations priorities and to recommend appropriate solutions. This role is broadly responsible to ensure proper development, implementation, support, and maintenance of a human resource and talent management strategy and supporting processes and systems. This role requires a seasoned Leader who leads by example in generating and maintaining cultural change at all levels of the organization. Regular, daily, visible leadership is critical to success in this role and in driving sustained cultural change. They will provide expert professional advice and support on all aspects of HR and talent development, reflecting fully the organization’s desire to be an employer of choice in Guyana.
- University degree with educational focus on discipline in HR or labor relations
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation considered an asset
- 10+years HR experience at a senior level
- Previous experience working in a complex organization or in a high growth environment is considered an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Guyana – A Guyanese National or Caricom candidate who will relocate to Guyana is preferred
- Working knowledge of a HRM system is considered an asset.
- Works closely with Group HR to ensure that appropriate human resource and talent development strategy and policies are developed at FMCG;
- Leads the development of FMCG implementation plans and provides any required reporting to the Managing Director and Group VP, People and Integration;
- Manages key relationships, including those with external benefit providers, recruiting agencies, lawyers, consultants, community groups and other member companies;
- Supports managers in the application and interpretation of HR and talent management policies and practices;
- Works with departments across the organization to identify gaps in terms of future staffing needs;
- Makes recommendations on appropriate compensation structures, given due consideration to market research and benchmarking strategies;
- Ensure appropriate talent management practices are followed, including succession management, recruitment, and training and development;
- Leads the development and delivery of competency assessments and training programs, including the on boarding of new employees and policy requirements;
- Ensures that staff deployments adhere to client and all other requirements;
- Proactively manages complaints and grievances and makes recommendations to the Managing Director regarding their resolution;
- Ensures that all employment policies and practices adhere to Guyanese Human Rights and Labor Standards Legislation;
- Works with management and supervisory personnel to determine appropriate behavioral interventions, inclusive of disciplinary measures when necessary;
- Supports the Managing Director in building and maintaining a high-functioning senior team;
- Manages budget as it relates to HR and Talent Management;
- Ensures that performance management processes support staff learning and development while encouraging individual accountability and;
- Leads the development of a positive workplace culture by ensuring appropriate processes supporting engagement and diversity.
Interested applicants may submit their CV's to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY