Job Location278 Sheriff Street, Campbellville
The Sous Chef is responsible for general direct supervision and execution of kitchen duties related to preparation of raw materials and cooking in response to customer orders.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Seven Subjects CXC, inclusive of Mathematics and English.
- One to Three Years Experience in a similar capacity.
- Cooking Certifications
- Liase with Operations Supervisor in the timely preparation of dishes as per customer orders.
- Execute dishes alongside Line Cooks in accordance to established standards and recipes.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure the timely delivery of services.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure standards are maintained.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Liase with Operations Supervisor to requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- To ensure that other staff are following all the specified operational and general duties assigned to them on daily basis.
- To report for duty punctually wearing a clean & full uniform at all times.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To have a complete understanding of Fire, Hygiene, Health and safety in the outlet.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- To assist in maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- To provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salary Range - 80,000-120,000
Condition of Employment Allowance
Employee of the Month Cash Award and Certification
Paid Vacation Leave
Year End Bonus
Submit written application to The Manager, Mario's Juice Bar and Grill, 278 Sheriff Street, Campbellville.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY