Fresh Produce Processing Clerk
Job LocationFoodMaxx Supermarket
The Fresh Produce Processing Clerk
will perform all fresh cut fruit and vegetable preparation, washing, sanitation, food safety and stocking procedures on all produce items as outlined by company and directed by the Fresh Produce and Foods Manager.
- Certificate in Agriculture or equivalent.
- Must be the holder of Food Handler Certificate.
- Must maintain a current Food Safety certification.
- 1 year working experience in a similar area
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Perform daily inspections of all incoming fresh produce deliveries and the inspection of all fresh produce in inventory within our coolers.
- Make decision to reject or accept fresh produce at receiving and ensure appropriate processes are followed to maintain quality of the perishables.
- Sort, wash, Cull and properly record and dispose of unsellable fresh produce (Where Applicable).
- Become familiar with the different types of produce and how they are prepared (Where Applicable).
- Prepare fresh fruits and vegetables for display in the supermarket.
- Prepare fresh cut fruits and vegetables packages.
- Ensures quality, freshness, selection and adequate quantity to meet customer demand.
- Must ensure all products for sale are fresh and safe to eat.
- Replenishes and rotates products.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicants can send applications to :
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY