Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The position shall cover the following areas:
The Administrative Assistant provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the appropriate persons. Duties entail clerical, administrative and project-based and include, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence.
- Must have 5 CXC subjects with passes in English and Math
- Diploma in Project Management or Business Administration
- Knowledge of word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Confidential administrative support
- Provide general administrative and clerical support.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment.
- Control inventory relevant to area.
- Communicate caller requests to management and deliver all messages properly, including correct names and information to the relevant persons promptly.
- Transfer caller to the correct departments.
- Screen all callers who wish to communicate with Supervisor.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
Clerical and project-based
- Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Responsible for acknowledging RFQs and monitor output of issued quotations.
- Prepare Tender documents for Procurement Supervisor review.
- Schedule appointments for relevant persons.
- Co-ordinate meetings and organize catering.
- Liaise with staff, customers, etc.
- Answer calls and forward queries to the Supervisor
- Assist in the filing of documents and typing of any letters, invoices etc.
- Book meetings/Coordinate team briefings and meetings.
- Take dictation
- External and internal customer follow up on previously requested orders, quotations, appointments, tasks, meetings etc.
- Assist with taking and typing of minutes.
- Preparing and submitting PO’s for approval, Follow on the PO process to ensure funds are released and items delivered
- Ensure Staff overtime/hours worked are keep track off and updated in the overtime books.
- Ensure Staff Reporting of Sick Days, Annual Leave, Overtime Hours or related matters are communicated to the Corporate Supervisor.
- Assist with preparing quotations for customers
- Complete all task assigned by Corporate Supervisor
Salaries and Benefits
Salaries and Benefits are based on Giftland existing salary scheme, and benefits are in accordance with the laws of Guyana and the policies of Giftland. These are all provided for in the Contract of employment.
Interested applicant can send application (s) to:
The Human Resources Manager
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY