Marine Vessel Coordinator
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Marine Vessel Coordinators monitor the marine vessel control center, the position is manned 24-hours per day. The MVC are responsible for continuous communications with all offshore installations to ensure that vessels are moving in an efficient manner. The MVC will create and monitor all vessel scheduled trips to port. MVC will interface with contractors to ensure that vessel crew changes and maintenance needs are being scheduled. The MVC report directly to the Marine Supervisor.
- 3-5 years’ experience in logistics planning, coordinating and execution of tasks
- University Degree/High School Diploma or Technical Training
- Maritime Experience will be an Advantage
- Interface with procurement to understand and influence contracting, materials management, logistics plan for deliveries and customs procedures.
- Develop an understanding of local transport and in-country logistics capabilities and capacities – good planning and scheduling
- Develop logistics elements of bid requirements, monitor KPIs, and coordinate progress reporting and materials management requirements
- Interface with other Logistics Coordinators, Leads, Advisors and project planning teams to understand and resolve logistics issues.
- Interface with Contractors to ensure safety, quality, availability, and reliability of logistics execution.
- Operational Activities – Qualify, endorse Contractor equipment and service, vendor support infrastructure
- General knowledge of local and national environmental and regulatory requirements
- Verify that the delivery documentation is complete, consistent, and adequate and in accordance with the PO terms
- Ensure that the materials specification delivered by the vendor is according to PO terms
- Weekly report showing the status of all POs issued to date and Project Schedule. This report will show transport, receiving, customs clearing, storage and issuing of materials to the line-item level.
- Ensure all materials received are stored in a safe and secure facility and that the preservation code addressed in the PO has been applied.
- Create a file and maintain adequate records of each major transaction/shipment/PO
- Keep a Materials Issue Report Register
- CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Operational and Data Analyst.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Pro-Active and self-starter individual
- Willing to learn on the job training
Kindly email us an updated copy of your CV, accompanied with a cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly submit an updated detailed CV.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY