Job Location27 Hadfield Street, Georgetown
Travel Agents sells transportation and accommodation packages to individuals and groups planning trips. They provide advice on travel destinations, plan itineraries, and collect payments. These professionals are passionate about travel with an aptitude for Sales and Customer Service.
- 6 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent.
- Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality, Sales & Marketing or relevant field; Bachelor’s will be an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of domestic and foreign travel destinations.
- Excellent Sales and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Outstanding knowledge of the latest tourism trends.
- 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Great customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with Clients and Vendors
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Plan details for travel including transportation, accommodation, and airlines transfers.
- Work with clients to determine their traveling needs.
- Guide clients on the appropriate styles of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodations.
- Manage large-scale events including conferences and retreats.
- Book transportation and hotel reservations on behalf of clients.
- Collect payments and pay fees.
- Resolve travel issues, complaints, and refunds.
- Meet sales targets and profit goals.
- Maintain client information and financial records.
- Ensure you stay up-to-date with tourism trends by attending travel seminars.
Click here to apply: https://smrtr.io/bzkXM
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY