Job LocationProvidence East Bank Demerara
1. Timely delivery of goods, supplies and services to keep the company in operation.
- Purchase materials, services based on the customer specifications and requirements.
- Monitor purchase orders.
- Prepares purchasing reports.
- Ensure supplies to meet costumers demand and schedule.
- Maintains and organizes purchase requisition and purchase orders. Prioritize purchases as required.
2. Source out suppliers with the best buy --- suitable quality at minimum cost, and maintain good relationship with them.
- Assist in managing the contracts with supplier.
- Sources/researches for new materials; designs and processes and coordinates this with the requisitioning department.
3. Zero error in quality of supplies and services delivered.
- Assists in disposal of scrap, surplus and obsolete supplies and equipment to provide optimum return to the company.
Area of expertise (Skills)
3-5-years related experience in materials procurement
Knowledge in ISO Standards
Other Skills and Experiences (Min)
- Proven experience of handling procurement activities independently in last 3 years
- Strong internal stakeholders handling experience
- Category experience IT Category, Admin and Facilities, Consumables, Operations, meal, and gift card vendors
- Experience of working with global vendors
- Attend purchase inquiries and obtain quotations
- Commercial negotiations and benchmarking
- Identify cost savings opportunities and implement with the help of internal stakeholders
- Initiatives for process improvement and identifying backup suppliers for the critical categories
- PO issuance and follow up for the delivery
- Weekly and monthly reporting
Analytical & Logical Thinking
Business / Financial Analysis
Accuracy and Thoroughness
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY