Logistics Coordinator 1
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Transport and Travel Coordinator, as part of the Company Logistics Group, will engage with various Company and/or Contractors Logistics Coordinators, aviation services provider and apply travel systems and processes to provide reliable aviation services in conformance with Company’s established policies and procedures. It includes but not limited to the planning and scheduling of flights, the effective processing of all passenger reservations, the safe/efficient movement of personnel offshore or to other locations out of Georgetown and tracking of personnel movement as required to effectively meet the business needs of the Company.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Major degree: Engineering/Business Administration/ Mathematics/ English Other, preferred,
- Good computing skills including use of Microsoft applications (Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.),
- services are met utilizing equipment & services which meet or exceed minimal expectations.
- Develop and effectively steward flight schedules, and the dispatch/dispensing and maneuvering assignment of air transport services (when duly approved by the Transportation Supervisor), and the associated assignment of aviation support services personnel.
- Maintain communication with the Travel Lead and/or Aviation Coordinator toward the effective assignment and tasking the aviation support services as to support the business needs of the Company.
- Ensure that any/all ad-hoc flight requirements are duly approved and appropriate charged to the cost center requesting such ad-hoc services.
- Ensure that all personnel assigned to operate and provide the air transport services are duly qualified and approved for the scope of activities to be performed.
- Provides steward able work-site supervision of contracted aviation support services activities including the check-in operation and the associated activities involving the provision of the services to the Company.
- Effectively steward the air transport services through pro-active preventative maintenance planning & scheduling with the aviation contractor as to reduce cost and optimize the availability of such services within the operating needs of the Company.
- Ensure that the air transportation services are conducted efficiently within the framework of EEPGL policies and wider procedures.
- Provide month-end summaries of passenger movement as to accurately support the allocation of air transportation and related.
- Performs the regular capture and recording of Key Performance Indicators for the air transportation services and serves as the b/u custodian of the KPI database for all KPIs. Maintains the KPI database in a timely manner and provides reports to the Transportation Supervisor on a regular basis.
- Receive and process Travel Request Forms in a timely manner.
- Manifest travelers to available flights and prepare accurate final manifests for issue to service providers and customers including contractors.
- Ensure confirmations are always sent to requestors.
- Maintain quality personnel profile data within the system, with complete and up to date records. Regularly review and ensure a clean, effective database.
- Close out flights and travel tasks when complete and validate daily POB reports.
- Prepare the daily airport meet/greet log or passenger coordination list for Ground Transport by using the Company Travel System.
- Maintain Personnel Profile, certification and other info as deemed necessary
- Carry the after-hours / weekend duty phone when required, in accordance with the team duty roster. Respond to calls if received. Log calls and handle appropriately, seeking support if required or returning into office when necessary.
- Ensure travelers receive the correct pre-departure information and are informed of travel requirements and responsibilities. Spot check compliance on a monthly basis.
- Support other duties and tasks as requested.
- Labor relations – ability to interact in multi-cultural environment
- Supervision and stewardship of small operations or equivalent including the aviation support services, management of personnel onboard, etc.
- Security awareness and application of principles incorporating concepts into air transport operations.
- Communication skills, written & verbal
- Solid record keeping skills and ability to follow processes and input quality data.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Productive and driven to achieve goals and manage workflow.
- Multitasking and skills to handle multiple priorities.
- Must understand the nature of driving duties, transport safety and regulations.
- Good understanding of Transportation Operations including operating locations and local environment with emphasis upon domestic air transportation services and facilities.
- Good understanding and knowledge of aviation services and associated services including meet and greet, passengers’ movement, etc.
- Conversant with prevailing domestic and civil aviation infrastructure and security initiatives associated with the air transportation of personnel and/or equipment
Safety, Health and Environment
- Broad based context dependent knowledge of environmental & regulatory requirements applicable to domestic aviation operations, Management and Protection of Information.
- OIMS compliance standards and practices
- Ensure aviation support facilities & infrastructure provided by Company comply with all prevailing regulatory and statutory requirements including periodic certification by local authorities.
- Demonstrate leadership and ensure that all services provided and performed by the Aviation Services contractor are conducted in a manner which at all times meet or exceeds defined control measures.
- Conduct periodic self-assessments and audits of Aviation Services contractor activities including review of Risk Assessments, Control Catalogs, and Procedures to ensure such controls are up to date and accurately reflect/support the work activities.
- Ensure that any/all gaps or issues related to Control Requirements are addressed and corrected in a timely manner.
- Consult with BU Controls Advisor and/or Transportation Supervisor regarding control concerns/issues and resolution.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records, and other applicable regulatory and legal documentation as required to operate and maintain aviation facilities.
- Good organizational skills and Operations planning experience
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills
- Willingness to work in remote, changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Forward Thinking & Results Oriented
- Experience in implementing and following new procedures, work practices or systems- Particularly new databases, planning tools and record keeping systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain Spreadsheets and basic Databases to a high standard.
Kindly email us an updated copy of your CV, accompanied with a cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader Engineering Guyana Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY